Monday, April 30, 2007

my mom's baptism

Yesterday we attended my mom's baptism. I was very happy for her, and it meant a lot for me to be there (especially since no one else in my family wanted to take this event seriously enough to attend). Before her pastor dunked her, he asked her "Claudia, why are you getting baptised today?" When she responded "I accepted Christ in my heart...", my eyes teared up. At that moment I became overwhelmed with those words that I never imagined I would hear from my mom. I became so overjoyed that I just can't explain it.
Afterwards, Tim and I were talking about the event. My mom seems to...let's say...not do things so smoothly. When my mom's pastor asked the girl who got baptised before my mom why she is getting baptised, Tim though "Oh, no. Whatever she says is not going to come out right". I just hoped she wouldn't slip down the stairs as she was going in or out of the baptistery. But everything went perfectly! Everyone I talked to told me how nice or sweet my mom is. It just has to be God.

4 comments:

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

It would be amazing to hear that from any family member!!! A person can only say that by the Spirit of God...
If your mom gets a hold of what it means to share her faith and witness to the goodness of God she'll tell the world!!! Or, at least her hometown and the surrounding communities. The woman can talk - everyone has a gift - I hope she uses it. =)

Elizabeth said...

Ohh, who got their comment deleted?

The first paragraph made me very reflective and I thought of both my parents and my desire for them to know God.

The next paragraph had me giggling as my mind illustrated a sit com like scenario (complete w/falling down baptismal stairs)

Lori said...

I was deleted due to giving away the location of "Mom" so I had to post all over again!