Wednesday, December 19, 2007

christmas cookies

Makayla and I spent yesterday afternoon making these cookies. Thanks to my mother-in-law for buying me a cookie press that's a few decades old from a garage sale a few years back. I may have used it once before, but I intend to use it a lot more often now. It will be fun experimenting with food coloring next time. As for those of you not coming to my house for Christmas this year the recipe I used is below.



Almond Butter Cookies
1 c. (2 sticks) butter
1/2 c. sugar
1 t. almond extract
1 1/2 - 2 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
Cream together butter, sugar and almond extract. Mix in flour and salt. Form balls and roll in sugar (or use your cookie press if you have one). Place cookies on cookie sheet and press with fork in two directions. (I like to use parchment paper so my cookies don't burn.) Bake @ 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

No comments: