Thursday, December 06, 2007

40th wedding anniversary...surprise!

Last Saturday we surprised my in-laws a few weeks early for their 40th anniversary. It came together wonderfully. We all pretended that we were meeting to get a family portrait taken, but secretly we were setting up for the party.

Jack & Helen had no clue!
Tim's cousin, Yvonne, has made all (excluding Michael whose not married yet) our wedding cakes including this one. She does a beautiful job.
Makayla and the chocolate fountain...need I say more?


Tim & Katie
(she's not as old as she looks)


Katie & sweet little Noah
(this picture was too good to leave out)


This is my family...
Makayla (front), Ruben, Myself, Tim, Katie
(I don't have very many family pictures. Partly because I don't like pictures of myself and partly because Tim doesn't like posing for pictures as you may have noticed.)
Most of the in-laws...
Front: Collin, Makayla, Mason, Isaac
Middle: Katie, Ruben, Helen, Sophia, Jack, Lori, Jack
Back: Adam, Steve, Angie, Tim, Myself, Jason, Michael, Brian, Noah
* I stole most of my pictures from Steve.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thank you Monica! You are my picture hero... oh I miss all of this wonderful family!

Everyone looks so good! And look at all those cousins!!! What the heck did you guys decide to do at Xmas with the gifts???

Lori said...

Christmas? We drew names between the younger cousins, bumped Brit and Bryce in with the adults. The adults are going to attempt a simple game involving the Christmas story and girl/guy ten dollar gifts...or the option is open for homemade items and of course FOOD. I think everyone gets something for Mom and Dad and since I'm the favorite across the board I'm leaving it open for any and all family members to give me additionaly gifts...I like craft supplies and chocolate, though to be practical I should ask for diapers and a maid, but I like surprises. Dr. Pepper is a good gift choice as well. =) Just kidding, people!!!

Lori said...

Yes, I know "additional" does not have a "y" at the end. I just thought it looked pretty.