Wednesday, August 15, 2007

frugal birthday present

I think I have a new hobby...making bags, purses, etc. out of outgrown, damaged and unwanted clothing. The picture below is a hand bag made from Makayla's old shirt for Sophia. It's not pink and frilly, but I think she likes it.


This shirt tied around the neck. I turned the shirt inside out and sewed along the bottom to close it up. I tied knots in the strings because they were coming unraveled, and it actually gave it an extra design. I then sewed the straps along the top of the back of the shirt to create handles.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Wasn't that bag the present for the MOTHER of the birthday girl? =)

Anything that can hold STUFF is beloved by Sophie...pink or not.

And, one last note - we need to think Christmas starting in September before the baby arrives. You and Elizabeth need to start cranking out the gift ideas!!! HA!!!!

Mon said...

We should start by reviewing our Tightwad Gazettes. It has lots of great ideas.

Lori said...

Yes! I want to start experimenting with some new cookies and desserts - that is once it isn't a million degrees outside!!! I hate having the air running 24/7 in this heat!

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE that purse! What a great idea! Will you two seriously consider moving out east... LOL!

Lord, please send me some friends close to where I live now that are this cool and frugal! ... LOL!