Tuesday, November 13, 2007

guilt free

I know. It's been a while since I've last posted. I feel so busy. My number one priority is homeschooling. I can't seem to keep up with myself lately and it's not even the holidays that's causing it. Actually, in my first year of being frugal, I feel the least stressed about the holidays. I have no guilt about not spending money on presents. My goal is to enjoy this time of year, and give as my heart tells my to. Maybe I will make a little something for everyone. Maybe I will sit down with Makayla and help her make a homemade gift for all of her cousins and friends. Maybe we will be too busy with every day family things to do any of these things. I don't know what will transpire, but I know I will have no guilt, no anxiety and no debt!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I must admit that I will purchase gift for several people this year: my father in law, mother in law, and Brian's grandma. Only bc they don't quite "get" the frugal thing completely. However, they don't expect much, at the same time.

I am so excited to make items for the rest of the family. More so, b/c nobody else expects anything. It makes it so much fun! All of us kids drew names, but last year I found time to make home made truffles and gave a box to everyone. The enjoyment factor was absolutely a 10! If I don't have time - no worries - but I love to see the surprised look on their faces (maybe I should skip a year so it remains a surprised look... hahahaha).