Wednesday, July 04, 2007

one's trash is another's treasure

Last week I sent out an email looking for used games to used in Makayla's home school curriculum. A friend sent me back the web site: freecycle.org. This site is used for people to offer things they don't want sitting around their house any longer or ask for wanted things that other people may have laying around their house. The purpose is to keep down on waste and help others in need.
First you will need to sign up for a yahoo email address if you don't have one already. When you get to the site, you will need to find the area you are in and register with the web master. It's takes some time to get approved. Once you are in, you can have emails of offers/wants sent directly to your email.
I just replied to an offer for a weed whacker. I hope we get it. I was too slow on the last offer Sunday.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

For some reason I have the hardest time leaving comments. Over 3/4 don't show up... my screen goes white and freezes up.

So, I'll try to log in anon. maybe for this one?

Anywhoo- I have tried freecycle w/limited success. I prefer craigslist as for a few bucks I have found some really amazing deals on things I was willing to buy brand new. Of course, I am also close to Philly and so if I am willing to take a drive there is a lot of choices and thus good price competition.

Elizabeth said...

AFter i made a long comment on commenting I had absolutely no problem leaving one! LOL Figures!

Lori said...

Yeah, yeah, trash and treasure - give the viewing public somethin' new will ya'?!?!?!