Thursday, July 19, 2007

soccer and Makayla

Last week our church held a Mega Sports Camp for kids. Makayla and her cousin, Holli, chose soccer. Each night they had coaches that taught them how to play the game, and they had lessons about Jesus in between.
The first night I had to encourage Makayla to go with her soccer group. Tuesday, she couldn't wait to get to the field. By the end of the night Tuesday, she didn't want to go back. They played their first game that night, and she got attacked by the ball. I made her stick with it through the end of the week. Her coaches told me that she made the most goals at practice, and could do the "pivot" move really well. Soccer just might me for her...well, after we purchase some shin guards. At the end of the week, everyone received an award certificate with their picture on it which their coach had signed. It looks good enough to frame.

Makayla posing for mom


Makayla making a goal


Holli making a goal

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

woohoo! Go soccer! That was my sport for a few years before I moved onto cross country running. I secretly hope my children choose it so that I can go to soccer games. hahaha