Friday, June 01, 2007

a verse in my heart

By the Power of Your Love is a new song on the radio. Well actually I found out it's been around for a while, but it's new to me. The first part of the week I had the verse "...and as I wait, I will rise up like the eagle..." stuck in my head. Wednesday evening we sang it at church. Then I woke up in the middle of the night with these same words in my head as clear as if I had been singing them...actually I think I was almost singing them in my head. After that I decided that God was putting this song in my heart for a reason. The next day I asked Helen (my mother-in-law) about the verse. She recognized it and looked it up in her trusty bible. Turns out the verse comes from Isaiah 40:31...


But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.

I had to ponder what this verse means for me. Even though we have been waiting for a long time, I know that during this time God is strengthening us. Looking back two years ago, God has spiritually matured us and prepared us for our future.

Last night I was praying and thanking God for the blessings he has given me. It had occurred to me that God didn't just save me from the dark life I was living for myself. When I called out to him for help one day, he knew that I would follow through as his shepherd. He knew that I would let Him use me to bring others to Him. It's all for God's glory, not mine! Yes, we all benefit from obeying the Lord, but it's not for us but for Him. He is our creator and we must obey him, as we expect our own children to obey us.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Great verse. And, what the heck, Lady - that song has been around for nearly a decade! Remember that song, Giz? It was popular when we were first saved in high school. I think it is from the revival in Australia. Anyway, good post!

Elizabeth said...

Yeah, I was just thinking that.

: - )

It's okay Monica. Hey, at least Lori can re-wrap her CDs and give them to you for Xmas for the next ten years and you'll never know the difference. hahaha "Hey Monica, this awesome new artist, Keith Green, just came out with this new record.. umm tape... I mean CD."

Mon said...

Hay, I know who Keith Green was. The song may be old to you, but someone new is singing it so you two are missing out. It probably sounds better now then back in the 90's.