Thursday, March 13, 2008

2 more diaper soakers

I purchased new prefold diapers and snappi fastners. It took me a few days, but I got the hang of putting the diapers on Ruben. The first day Ruben peed right through his diaper all over Tim. So I sewed some flannel inserts, and we have no problems. Now he rarely pees through his diapers.

I have completed two more diaper soakers.

Soaker 2


I knitted a lower waist line on the second soaker, but it sits too low with the new diapers.


Soaker 3



The third saoker was knitted in the round so it doesn't have a seam. It feels softer and looser. This one is my favorite.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Those really look great, Monica. Do they really work to contain messes? I've read about them, but still am not convinced they are worth the bother.

Mon said...

Yes. Ruben rarely soaks through them to where his clothes get wet. I have three so every time I change his diaper I put another one on him and let the one he was wearing air out. I occassionally have to hand wash them when Ruben has a dirty diaper. When I do that, I lanolize them. It's really simple and much better then the vinyl covers! When it warms up, Ruben will be able to run around the house in his diaper soakers. They are not scratchy like some people think wool is. Your mom didn't think they would work either, but she was amazed.