Sunday, January 06, 2008

testing a daily schedule

I decided that my family would function better on a daily schedule. Makayla's school hours may be extended, and I will be starting a temporary, part-time job in the evenings. In Excel, I created half hour increments for each day. Each day contains a column for me and one for the kids. I started with me getting up at 7:30 and taking a shower, then getting the kids dressed and breakfast. I even set aside time for walking, cleaning and free time for myself. I will test my schedule this week to see how it works. This means we will have to follow bed times, and wake up at with an alarm. Ruben sleeps through the night now so this shouldn't be too much of a problem. I wish I could share my schedule, but I cannot upload Excel files to my blog. Once I test my schedule and adjust it to what works for us, I may post an outline of one of may days.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Still on schedule??? =)

Mon said...

Funny you say that. Ruben has been waking up odd hours since I started my job. I think he's back on track now so maybe we will get back into the swing of things next week. I do have to say that even though we aren't following a strict schedule I am getting my shower in first thing in the morning and finding time for Makayla and I to walk in the afternoon. Tim is also teaching Makayla's science on Thursdays so I can have a day off.