Tuesday, September 11, 2007

beautiful missouri day

Genesis 1

11 Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the fruit tree
that yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed is in itself, on the earth”; and it was so.
12 And the earth brought forth grass, the herb that yields seed according to its kind, and the
tree that yields fruit, whose seed is in itself according to its kind. And God saw that it was
good.
13 So the evening and the morning were the third day.
Today is the first beautiful day we have had in some time. It was only about 50 degrees outside at 8 am. Our widows are open and we are enjoying the fresh air. This weather energizes me to clean and organize. I am getting a lot done inside while Tim is outside cutting down limbs and playing with fire...men like to do that for some reason.
Summer is coming to an end, and fall is moving in. I didn't used to think much about fall because I get cold easily, but as an adult you seem to look at things from a very different perspective. The cool breeze, the pretty leaves, apple cider, fall festivals... I could go on and on. The downside is that the sun goes down earlier. The sunlight makes me happy. Without it, I get depressed easily...and I'm afraid of the dark.
Also, Makayla's homeschool material, My Father's World, uses a different topic for each lesson (i.e. sun, leaf, apple) These all fall right in the season so we can go outside and explore these topics.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I hear you about the weather getting cooler, less sun, colder, blah! I Looooove summer! Fall means cold weather is on the way and that means being stuck inside w/the kids a lot.

However, Brian loves fall and winter and so it helps me appreciate them more. His absolute favorite time of the year is the fall. He has saved up vacation days to take during this time of year so that we can just sit at home and chill and enjoy fall foods and weather and each other.

I could give you some recipes that will really make you like the fall! hahaha

Well, heres to hoping for a great fall and winter.