Sunday, January 04, 2009

low-cost, easy curtains

I wanted to cover my windows with heavy curtains for the winter to help keep the cold out and save on my electric bill. The cheapest curtain I could find was just over $15 for one panel (half window) at Walmart. Instead, I purchased over-sized fleece blankets for just under $4. I folded down one short end at 3" and sewed across twice. I slipped them on the curtains rods leaving a ripple at the top. That's it! And the blankets came with a velcro ribbon so I have tie for each window. I covered 7 windows for under $35, and saved at least $190.


1 comment:

Lori said...

Those look great!!! I'm glad you posted a picture b/c I was totally having trouble picturing the blanket to window-covering transformation. And, look at the money you saved - not to mention the money that will be shaved off your heating bill. How clever!