Friday, April 25, 2008

my first knitted pair of socks

My goal in learning how to knit has been to make socks. I finally took a step toward that goal. I intended for these to be mine, but they ended up as Makayla's. I looked for a pattern specifically for short socks, and came up with this One Skein Sockettes pattern which I found on the Knitting Pattern Central web site. While making the second sock, I realized that I did not knit the correct number of rows for the heel flap on the first one which is why they became Makayla's socks. This pattern was not written for a beginner, but with the help of the tutorials at KnittingHelp.com I at least accomplished a pair of wearable socks even though they don't look that nice.

3 comments:

Mon said...

I washed these socks and now they are too small for Makayla. They are made with 100% cotton yarn. Maybe Sophie would like to have them.

Lori said...

YES!!! I love those socks!!!

Mon said...

Sorry, Makayla can fit them. They just a little hard to pull over her heel. They are thick enough, they will probably last through hand-me-downs.