Monday, October 08, 2007

frugal weight watcher's

After discovering that I have gained 10 lbs. instead of losing it, I have decided to start counting Weight Watcher's points again. It's such a great program and it works as long as one has "will power". Oh, those dreaded phrases.."will power" and "self control"...the opposite of giving into temptation. Why does it have to be so hard? It's just food, right? Tim has agreed to support me by eating the food I make as long as it's not labeled "fat free". I am at the end of my second day and I feel great! I am so afraid of eating too much that I have points left over at the end of the day. Now I have the challenge of figuring out how to eat healthier and being frugal about it. Dieting or eating healthier can be more expensive.
I also get support from Dottie's Weight Loss Zone. There I can get points for restaurants, recipes, chat with other's and more. I heard about 3 Fat Chicks in a WW meeting a long time ago, but just now visited the web site so I don't know a lot about it. I notice that it provides recipes using mostly natural ingredients instead of fat free or substitute sugars. It also provides calorie charts for food, nutrition charts for fast food and metric conversions. Also, there is a section that explains different diet fads and how they work, and fitness articles and programs (including a walking calculator). Wow, I should have look this site up a couple of years ago instead of while typing this post. Uh, I think I will be going now. I have a new web site to check out ;)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

sigh. I still have weight to lose too, but it looks like I'll just be gaining instead now!

Remind me of the web site in case I forget in 7 months! Although, the best way not to gain too much weight (less to take off after baby arrives) is by eating healthy foods. So, maybe I should familiarize myself w/it afterall!

One of my most favorite get togethers was w/a Mom who invited everyone to a recipe swap. We each made a dish (main course, side dish, etc) and brought the recipe on a card. She provided a stack of bland index cards and we all wrote down all the recipes we wanted to remember while being able to sample the dish! It was so much fun (kids played... moms talked). Maybe you could do that for healthy recipes w/some other weight watchers? Oh, if I only lived like a 1000 miles closer to you! LOL!